My interest lie with related fields in computer graphics and computer vision: texture synthesis, image processing (style transfer, image decomposition), image-based 3D reconstruction of geometry and/or aspect, etc. I'm currently also co-supervising the team around the Varcity project, focusing on leveraging a coherent ensemble from the numerous contributions made throughout the project.
Before, I fulfilled my PhD at the Strasbourg University (in the Computer Graphics and Geometry group of the ICube lab) in 2014 and did a first post-doctoral stay at Inria Sophia-Antipolis Méditerranée (George Drettakis' GraphDeco group) in the south of France. I mainly focused on complex aspect reconstruction of scanned 3D objects in the context of cultural heritage and real-time on-the-fly texture synthesis.
Collaborators I published with include (in reverse chronological order):
Luc Van Gool,
Oliver Mattausch and
(LIRIS, Univ. Lyon),
George Drettakis and
Ian H. Jermyn (Durham University, UK),
Fumio Okura (Osaka University, Japan),
Alyosha Efros (UC Berkeley),
Guillaume Gilet (Université de Limoges),
Olivier Génevaux, and
(Université de Strasbourg).
I'm also part of an industrial partnership with the Splash VR startup, as a scientific advisor.
On this website, you'll find links to most of my work and curriculum (see menu bar) as well as to my professional social network profiles (see footer below). If you are interested in my work, please feel free to contact me to for any purpose.
- NEW [R] Our paper DARN: a Deep Adversarial Residual Network for Intrinsic Image Decomposition was accepted at WACV 2018.
- [R] Our paper DSLR-Quality Photos on Mobile Devices with Deep Convolutional Networks was accepted at ICCV 2017.
- [O] Our documentary animation film VarCity: the Video is out! And it will be the subject of a SIGGRAPH TALK this summer in Los Angeles.
- [R] Our paper Visual Quality Assessment of 3D Models: on the Influence of Light-Material Interaction was accepted at ACM transactions on applied perception.
- [R] Our paper Repeated Pattern Detection using CNN activations was accepted at IEEE WACV 2017.
- [R] Our paper Comparative study of texture synthesis for content generation in ultrasound training simulation was accepted at SPIE Medical Imaging 2017.
- [R] I have now moved to ETH Zürich, more precisely in the Computer Vision Lab.
- [R] I will join Luc Van Gool's group in the Computer Vision Lab at ETH Zürich starting February 2016 for a post-doc.
- [O] I have put online a CV section on this website. It contains a detailed list of my student and professional history.
- [R] A pre-print of our EGSR 2015 paper Unifying Color and Texture Transfer for Predictive Appearance Manipulation is now online in the research section.
- [O] I'm a candidate for the CNESER elections (French national research and higher education council), in the "researchers" sector of the "EPST" (French research institutes). More information can be found in the dedicated section.
- [R] In June, I will receive one of the 20 Prix de thèse 2015 de l'Université de Strasbourg. These prices are annually given to 20 outstanding PhD thesises that were presented in the previous year.
- [R] Our paper Unifying Color and Texture Transfer for Predictive Appearance Manipulation was conditionally accepted at the Eurographics Symposium on Rendering 2015.
- [R] A pre-print of our CGI 2015 paper Simplification of Meshes with Digitized Radiance is now online in the research section.
- [R] Our paper Simplification of Meshes with Digitized Radiance has been conditionnally accepted for the Computer Graphics International 2015 conference.
- [E] During the spring semester of 2015, I will teach the C language course (lectures+practical sessions) in the 3rd year of the electronics department at Polytech Nice Sophia-Antipolis / Université de Nice Sophia-Antipolis.
- [O] My host group REVES has come to an end and gave birth to a new group called GraphDeco. It's essentially a new project with the same people.
- [R] The talk slides and text and all documents regarding the paper Local Random-Phase Noise for Procedural Texturing are now available in the research section.
- [R] The paper Local Random-Phase Noise for Procedural Texturing is now available in the research section.
- [R] I started a post-doctoral position (Inria funding) on october 2014, in the REVES group of INRIA Sophia Antipolis - Méditerranée near Nice.
- [R] Our paper titled Local Random-Phase Noise for Procedural Texturing has been conditionnally accepted for the Siggraph Asia 2014 conference.
- [R] I will present our CGF paper Robust Fitting on Poorly Sampled Data for Surface Light Field Rendering and Image Relighting at the Eurographics Symposium on Rendering 2014 in Lyon in June.
- [R] I am co-responsible for the "student volunteer program" of Eurographics 2014 which will take place in Strasbourg next April.
- [R] I will defend my PhD thesis on tuesday february 18th 2014 in room A207 of the Pôle API building in Illkirch at 2pm. The defence is open to public, as is the reception that will follow :)
- [E] During the spring semester of 2014, I will teach the databases cours (theory and practical sessions) and the object-oriented programming course (practical sessions) in 2nd year bachelor level.
- [R] Our paper On-the-Fly Multi-Scale Infinite Texturing from Example has been accepted for the Siggraph Asia 2013 conference.
- [R] Our paper Robust Fitting on Poorly Sampled Data for Surface Light Field Rendering and Image Relighting will be published by fall in Computer Graphics Forum.
- [O] From July 8th to 12th 2013, I have the chance of participating to the summer school entitled Development of leadership skills for employment in enterprise, government and academia, organised by the League of European Research Universities (LERU).
- [R] From July 1st to 5th 2013, I'll attend the Eurographics Symposium on Geometry Processing conference where I'll present our Simplification of triangle meshes with radiance attribute.
- [O] From January 1st 2013, I'm an elected representative of the scientific council of the University of Strasbourg, together with Lionel Untereiner, as a representant of the PhD candidates of the "Sciences & Technologies" sector.